We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter to provide guidance and supervision to the project team involved in construction projects. The carpenter’s responsibilities include assigning and explaining tasks to the project team, responding to clients’ requests for emergency repairs, and regularly inspecting work done by the project team to ensure that it conforms to certain specifications. You should also be able to help the production manager solve project-related problems.
To be successful as a carpenter, you should provide regular progress updates to the production manager. Ultimately, an exceptional carpenter should be able to attend various carpentry seminars to keep abreast of new products and installation methods.
Lead Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Assigning and explaining tasks to the project team.
- Communicating with clients in order to determine the time frames within which projects should be completed.
- Calculating the amount of labor, time, and materials needed for each project.
- Creating and adjusting project schedules accordingly.
- Ordering all construction materials needed for projects.
- Supervising the company’s field carpenters, unskilled and semi-skilled workers, and subcontractors.
- Performing all carpentry duties required, including both rough and finish carpentry.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work done by the project team.