We are looking for a plant operator to keep accurate daily records of plant processing equipment to ensure optimal production levels. The plant operator’s responsibilities include regular maintenance of equipment and resolving any operational issues that may arise. You will be required to communicate with contractors, vendors, and co-workers.
To be successful as a plant operator, you must liaise between management and co-workers on operational issues at the facility. A top-notch plant operator will ensure the efficient running of the plant’s equipment and will be able to identify and rectify issues with speed and efficiency.
Plant Operator Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and overseeing plant operations.
- Assisting with startup, shutdown, and operations of facility equipment.
- Identifying problems that arise and resolving them.
- Ensuring that safety and environmental rules and programs are strictly adhered to.
- Conceptualizing and recommending plant improvement strategies.
- Carrying out site inspections and audits.
- Performing preventative and maintenance measures.
- Observing gauges, dials, switches, and alarms, and other indicators to ensure that all machines are working properly.
- Training new hires and cross-training other staff members.
- Maintaining a clean, hazard-free work environment.