Protecting our environment with an efficient new fleet
Eire Constructions are the proud new owners of the latest Caterpillar equipment. Investing in new machinery and fleet equipment is a big decision. There are a number of factors to consider which will be different for every business. The choices we make reflect Eire Constructions business values. Tadhg Kelliher, Operations Manager shares the top reasons for choosing Caterpillar:
1) Efficiency and environmental impact
We work to minimise our environmental impacts, in particular to prevent pollution. One of the top reasons we chose Caterpillar was the efficiency of the Tier 4 engines ensuring our environmental footprint is minimised. Caterpillar is the only manufacturer releasing this type of engine at present in excavators.
2) Excellent dealer service network
Eire wanted the strength of a dealer who had a regional network of service providers and parts availability. With multiple million-dollar projects on the go it’s important to choose a manufacturer who can best serve our business and provide back-up when needed. This ensures the least amount of downtime and first class customer service delivery. I have every confidence that Westrac and Caterpillar can deliver this.
3) Aligning our business values
The final decision was made based on which manufacturer best reflected Eire’s business values. A big thank you must go to the team at Westrac who worked through their Christmas break to ensure the machines were ready to go straight after the New Year. A special mention needs to go to Buddhi Edirisuriya and Andrew Milner who were present during initial negotiations through to the delivery of the machines. Thank you.
The new fleet is up and running for 2017
The new machines will be used on the East Coast of New South Wales constructing new roads, sub-divisions and essential infrastructure.
• A 326 FL Hydraulic Excavator complete with integrated GPS machine control system, Tier 4 Final Engine and countless other features putting it ahead of other manufacturers.
• A 239D Skid Steer will be earmarked for use on our upcoming Salt Ash Project working within their pipeline crews. The Skidsteer will be primarily used to embed pipelines efficiently and for restorative works keeping roads clean for the safety of road users.