Eire Constructions is a civil construction company specialising in road and utility construction, subdivisions and land development. We are experts in the construction of water, sewer and drainage infrastructure, – providing a diverse range of high quality and cost effective civil construction services for more than 40 years.
We are a privately owned Australian company, based in Port Macquarie, operating primarily across New South Wales but also in Queensland with a workforce of 80 experienced employees, a large fleet of the latest plant items and equipment and a strong network of trusted sub-contractors and suppliers.
Due to our growth, Eire Constructions are seeking a highly motivated team member to join our Plant Management department.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager to manage our fleet of earthmoving machinery and site vehicles. The position will see you reporting to the Operations Manager based in Port Macquarie, coordinating field or site based maintenance activities in the Hasting and Hunter Regions.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Management of day-to-day activities for the plant department. The fleet consists of approximately 100 fleet items.
- Management of mechanics and assistants,
- Management of the booking, costs and documentation pertaining to the use of sub-contractors,
- Management of plant onboarding procedures,
- Management of fuel card allocations,
- Ensuring registration and insurances of fleet vehicles are completed,
- Management of mobile plant maintenance activities,
- Assisting with the procurement of sub-contractors,
- Assisting with invoicing and submission of progress claims,
- Allocation of plant and personnel as per site requirements,
- Ensuring plant utilisation rates are achieved,
- Assisting with the purchasing of new plant and equipment,
- Assisting with the procuring of plant related goods and services,
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and contractors,
- Assist with the compilation and implementation of budgets,
- Expense control,
- Assisting with the procurement of personnel and the personal development of staff.
Skills and Experience requirements:
Applicants would ideally have:
- A background in construction and earthmoving
- Trade qualified with a strong plant and maintenance experience
- Knowledge of earthmoving plant and machinery
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Plant Maintenance Team
- Accounts Department
- Management Team